Question
Posted by: Niki | 2008/11/04

Milk for kittens/cats

My kitten is 9 weeks old and I give him small amounts of skim milk which he enjoys. It does not make his tummy work. However I have been told that milk is bad for a kitten or a cat. Is this true and should I stop it.

Dear Niki

Just water is fine. Milk can cause diarrhoea so bets to give water and a good quality dry food.

1
Posted by: Niki (another one!) | 2008/11/04

Kittens should drink their mother' s milk, which is quite different in composition from cow' s milk. Many kittens are okay with a little cow' s milk now and then, but some become lactose intolerant at about 3 months of age.

Reply to Niki (another one!)