Question
Posted by: Dee | 2012-07-20

Milk Allergy?

Hi Doc,

My daughter 10 months old has a reddish small rash on her upper body and has dark rough patches around her body joints, thighs, arms that looks like ringworm''s. Yesterday she had a fever, vomiting and a diarrhea. Could it be an allergy?

She drinks Lactogen, water and eats Cerelac, Purity, Porridge, vegs, Pap n gravy sometimes.

I did take her to the doc 2/3 weeks back for the rash and they gave her ointments the rash did go away but it has come back with the described symptoms above. Is it milk allergy maybe?

Dee

Yes, it is possible that she is experiencing an allergic reaction to milk but I strongly suggest that you consult a pediatrician for an examination and possible blood tests, to rule any other possibilities out.