Question
Posted by: minki | 2011/04/16

milk

my test for milk dairy came back what i want to know is can i still eat eggs?

I suffer terribly when i drink milk with nasal congestion and bloating. What do i replace the cows milk with as the test was slightly pos to soya too!!! i dont like soya anyway pls help how do i replace dairy because i am at risk for osteoporosis already so i want to ensure good calcium intake?

Dear Minki
You should still be able to eat eggs, even if you have tested positive for milk and dairy products. However ingesting sufficient calcium without the use of milk, dairy products and calcium-enriched soy milk/yoghurt, can be problematic esp if you are at risk for osteoporosis. In such a case, you may have to use a calcium supplement such as MenaCal.7 (which also contains vitamin K and vitamin D to ensure that the calcium is deposited into the skeleton). If you are also wheat and gluten sensitive or allergic as mentioned in the previous posting, then there are so many foods you need to avoid, that I would recommend that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to help you compile a diet that does not cause any allergies, but still supplies you with all the nutrients you need to remain healthy.

1

Dear Minki