Question
Posted by: Adele | 2010/07/07

Milk

Hi doc,

Can milk make one contipated? I warm up my milk for my coffee and tea and also for my all bran falkes in the morning. I have +- 5 cups of coffee/tea per day.

Have a blessed day

Dear Adele
I must admit that I have never heard that milk can make one constipated. Constipation is usually caused by a lack of dietary fibre in the diet, lack of exercise and a low liquid intake. Certain medications and over-the-counter drugs can also cause constipation (e.g. headache pills and powders that contain codeine). Increase your fibre intake by eating your All Bran and non-processed grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables, plus wheat bran and/or cooked dried fruit, have 2-3 glasses of water a day to help the fibre swell in the intestines and go for a walk every day for 30 min to promote bowel movements.

1

Dear Adele