Posted by: fat | 2009-01-26

HI. I would like to know if one can get sick from milk products. I never use to have this problem, but it is happening more often now. When I drink milk, milk coffee or milkshake, after a while I start getting nauseas and later my tummy starts cramping badly just like when one has the tummy bug and I then have a runny tummy. Then all is over. What can I do?

Dear Fat
You may have developed a bit of lactose intolerance, which is a kind of allergy. Rather avoid milk and milk products for a while, it sometimes gets better by itself. If it persists your doctor can test you for dairy allergies.

Posted by: fat | 2009-01-27

Hi Same boat. Tx will try the milk. It is not with all the products and not all the time. Strange enough I also get the cramps from McD' s milkshakes. Tx for the advise

Reply to fat
Posted by: Same boat | 2009-01-26

I work for a milk producer and must admit that certain people are lactose intolerant. We produce lactose reduced milk for easy digestion called " Easy Gest"  that may help. But this only applies if it happens with all milk products.

Strangly enough I also suffer from exactly what you describe but I am certain mine is not lactose intolerance as I can handle most milk product. However, I suffer from severe cramps when eating hot &  cold things together &  also when eating certain foods, like McD' s milkshakes.

I went to a specialist who advised me that I had IBS (irratable bowel syndrome). I know a few other that suffer from it as well as honestly, havent heard of a cure. But after some research myself found that most times it is stress related. So the best thing to is manage your stress but also take note what you have eaten when you experience the cramps and try and avoid it.

Go see a doctor to advise which one of the above it is because on really bad days/nights I have to take a calmative to relax my muscles cos the cramps do get bad at times.

Reply to Same boat