Posted by: Thabo | 2009-07-14

Milding burning on penis

I had an uprotected sex some 4 months ago and the next morning i woke up with a burning sensation on the tip of my penis, especially after urinating. I then went to see a GP who said there was nothing wrong with but game me some UTI tablets. The sensation seemed to go away and it would come back once in a while - no discharge or rush. last month i went for medical tests - STD profile with HIV and they all came back negative. i also went to see a urologist who also said i was ' perfect' . this sensation refuses to go away completely. it is not painful but irritating. Could you please advise.

If you have had all the test and they all show negative, you probably have a clamydia infection. It is almost impossible to culture ( dies very quickly outside the body) and is not normally tested in standard STD screening. In women it is completely without symptoms most of the time - but is the biggest cause of damage tot he fallopian tubes and infertility in the world. In men it is also normally without symptoms and at worst causes a tingling /itching sensation in the urethra( urinary tube) without a dischange of any kind. Treatment is simple - Azythromycing 2 grams as a single dose - works in the body up to ten days - speak to your doc about it