Posted by: D | 2010-09-10

Hi doc
I need to know - I work from my bosses home - the space where I sit is in a open garage annexed to the main garage. I have been here now for 2 years - last year in the rainy season it transpired that the roof leaked. There is now a white mildew growing on the walls and roof. The mildew on the roof is actually making " bubbles" . Some of the bubbles has grown quite large. I have moved so that I don''t sit underneath it but I am still worried as I know mildew can cause health problems. I need to know how much of this mildew is too much and might that be the cause of the bronchitis I had for the first time in my life this year and my headaches seem to be getting worse. (I have always suffered from headaches but lately it is quite bad.)

What is you describe is too much mildew. Spores from the mildew that you are exposed to every day can have serious health risks and can lead to severe respiratory complications. Your symptoms can be a mere skin reaction, sinusitis, rhinitis, chronic headaches, mild fever, pneumonitis etc.