Question
Posted by: Cameron | 2008/06/30

Mild Heart Attack or fit??

i hope that you might be able to assist. On Thursday (26th June) i had terrible stomach runs, while all of that was happening, my head started to burn, i couldnt see properly, and i sat down on the bathroom floor. My boyfriend gave me something sweet to drink, i then stood up, and my entire body was pins and needles, i still couldnt think or see straight, when i got to the bed and opened my mouth to speak, i had slurred speech, and couldnt talk properly for about 5 minutes and my finger and toe muslces were bending them forward, and didnt felt normal. Some of my family members think that i might have had a mild heart attack or a fit....hope you can assist. I am 27yrs of age

Dear Cameron
You may have lost so much potassium with the diarrhoea that you experienced the signs of severe dehydration. It does not sound like a heart attack or a fit to me. Remember next time if this happens that you need to take oral rehydration fluid like rehydrate - or even a glass of water with sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in it.

1
Posted by: Nick | 2008/10/06

Hi. I am a male, 46 yrs 90Kg (about 15 to many). Yesterday afternoon after walking around the Waterfront I felt tiered and had a headache so I lay down to rest. I started to experience a pain across the top of my chest. This pain extended in to the top of my arms making them feel heavy. My blood pressure was 184/109 then 177/104, I do not suffer from high blood pressure. The pain was not severe but very uncomfortable. I lasted for about 10 minutes. This repeated itself a few times during the evening for about 3 hours with the episodes lasting about 1 minute.
I feel fine know but need to know should I be concerned?

Reply to Nick