Question
Posted by: love78 | 2009-01-14

mild concussion?

Last saturday night I have quite a tumble while I was drinking.(rolled 20-30ft into the river, and on my way back up, fell into a 8ft whole which injured my leg and head-the right side near the temple/ear) I dont remember how I started rolling down or how I got back to the house...The day after, I went to the hospitol for extreme leg pains. all night and sinc ethen Ive randomly been getting what I can only describe as a virtigo-esk/concussion kind of thing. I just had shrugged it off as maybe being hung over durring the following day, but it has continued. I will suddenly get very dizzy, my vision gets so messed up, as if the floor goes on the cieling. Its the worst when Im laying down. I also am having some difficulty reading, I just feel very fogged/light headed, confused, and have been a lot more forgetful. The day after, I would tell people the same thing three times in a row and not realize it. ANYhow, I dont want to have to go into the doctor again, I figure they will just tell me to not exercise for atleast another few days. Besides the obvious of going back into be checked, what else should I do? When can I return to running for example?

Dear love78
You have to go back to the doctor - sometimes one develops a slow bleeding of the brain after a bump to the head which can be very dangerous. You have to get a full neurological examination to exclude this.

1

My daughter of 21 years did a motorcross race on 9 Mei 2009 had a concussion, take her to doctor the same day, symthoms very strong headache and pain above one eye, stuff neck of the fall and vomiting( naarheid), sleep a lot and blurry of eyes constantly. 5 days later blurry of eyes and no concentration, very sleepy want to sleep the whole day, vomiting. Did scan not MR scan. ( what is? - ' ' n klein kieste in die gebied van die pineaal klier - afrikaans)?