Posted by: janq | 2009-02-21

Mild chronic neutropenia

Today my PCP suggested that I have mild chronic neutropenia. My WBC have been slightly low for the past 6 months. I had slightly higher than normal protein at my last blood draw in December. She ordered a urinanalysis electrophoresis and the results were close to normal. The electrophoresis ruled out multiple myeloma. The blood draw from yesterday was WBC low again but the protein levels were back to normal. She mentioned that this occurs in many persons of Spanish background. However, I am American Irish and don' t know of anyone in my family who have had this chronic condition. I do have to maintain my teeth and gums as I' m prone to gingivitis. I have MVP with slight regurgitation and a murmur. I' ve been trying to research this condition, but haven' t been able to find too much. Any info you can share would be appreciated. TIA

Dear Janq

Thank you for visiting

The mild chronic neutropenia is most likely due to chronic heart condition. I suggest that you consult a cardio-vascular specialist.