Posted by: bongi | 2009-07-24

I suffer from severe headaches. I have been to the headache clinic and have been given a plate for my mouth but lately the headache has resurfaced. I wake up every morning and go to bed with a headache. The pain alternates from my temples to the back of my head (by the back of my ears). I have had two blackouts in the past 3 days. As I' m far from a headache clinic, is there something I could take or do to minimise the pain? going to see a doctor is not helping much as they give me mild pain killers which have no effect.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Bongi,

If the plate helped initially, and the pain has now returned, then it probably needs adjusting.

Until you can return for an adjustment, please call The Headache Clinic at 0861 678 911 and speak to a consultant, who will be able to send you a prescription.