Posted by: BankerGirl | 2008-11-18

Migraines, Trepiline prescr.Please help

I have been suffering with migraines at the rate of about 2 a month. my doctor has prescribed 1 x 30mg trepiline at night.
I have researched this drug and cant understand why he would
prescribe and anti depressant/sleeping pill for migraines? I' m not under much stress, and sleep perfectly well.
Also I have read that trepiline makes you put on weight, is this true?
please help urgently.

Hallo Bankergirl
Trepilene is not used only for depression, it works very well for neurological pain and for prevention of migraines. High doses of trepilene can cause weight gain, but low doses ( like you would prescribe for prevention of migraine - 25 mg at night) should not really make a big difference.