Posted by: TC | 2010-01-26

Hi there,

I suffer from severe migraines, its hereditory. The Doc had me on different prevention tablets and painkillers for when i get attacks. I stopped taking the scripts to the pharmisict about 4 months ago since then the intensity and frequency of my migraines have subsided alot. My migraines are mostly caused by stress or the start of my menstrual cycle. I have cut out all triggers that i am aware of and am trying to control my stress levels. Unfortunately there are times when you just cant control your stress levels or mistakenly eat a trigger.

Could you please recommend some natural medicines or remedies that i can try to help reduce pain, stress and possibly even help prevent migraine attacks especially around my menstrual cycle as these are the most intense.

Expert ImageNatural health

you can use progesterone cream, this regulates your hormones. only use from day 14 - 28 of your cycle. address your stress, use a vitamin B complex (one closests to food) to help the body cope with stress. Magnesium is also essential - will relax your muscles and blood vessels and indirectly decreasing the migraines.

Dr Debbie