Question
Posted by: Susan | 2008/06/23

migraine tablets taken of market

hi. im using per bloka to stop my migrains and for first time in almost 20years, i found something that works (and is afordable). now its of the market. without a warning and without me stocking up. it dissapeared. I have 4 questions: 1) is their another generic tablet with the same ingredients and working and price as pur bloka that one can use to replace pur bloka? 2) a pharmacist mentioned indo blok (block?) today? can this work? is it the same? my neurologist is on holiday and I do nog know who else to ask. Can you please advise. 3) of what tablet is pur bloka the generic version? 4) what substance in pur bloka is the one they withdrawn from the market? I really do appreciate it.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Susan,

Pur-Bloka was a brand of Propranolol – there are many other brands on the market, so you can try any of them. Having said that though, relying on drugs is not the best way to treat your migraines. The best way is to find out what is causing the problem – once the cause is treated you won’t have to use the medication any more.

Headache sufferers often have a poor Quality of Life due to the constant pain and associated symptoms. For a free assessment of how your headaches are affecting your Quality of Life, click on http://www.headacheclinic.co.za/

This information has been supplied and checked by the multidisciplinary team of specialists at The Headache Clinic, in association with The International Headache Society and the South African Institute of Headache and Migraine Science. For consultation with these specialists, call The Headache Clinic on 0861 678 911 (Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban).

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/10

Can an infant use indoblok for myocardial hence put block is off the market?