Posted by: Tony | 2010-10-24

Migraine or sinus?

I''m a 52 year old male. I had a car accident in 1982 where I lost complete hearing in my left ear. Ever since then, I suffer from sinus pains, which come every 3-4 years. Its not seasonal, and not an allergy. I''ve been to ENT specialists, who only subscribe pain killers, but not the root cause of these attacks, which leave me listless for hours afterwards. It also only happens on one side of my head, the side with the hearing loss. Is it sinus realted? Migrain? I''d appreciate your opinon.

Expert ImageSinus Expert

In view of the history it probably is related to the accident. Total hearing loss after a car accident usually indicate a fracture of the temporal bone. This might in turn lead to chronic pain. There might be a nerve that is pinched of irritated. Neck injury or sinus might also cause the pain. A sinus CT will exclude that as the cause