Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2010/03/16

Migraine before monthly period

Hi Doc,

I get migraine about 2 days before my monthly period comes. Is this normal and is there something that can prevent it? I also try to fall pregnant, will this prevent me from getting pregnant?

I also struggle from mucle spasms badly after my car accident 6 years and also from allergies. Sometimes I need to take a spasmed with nerofen to give me relieve or some allergy pills. If Im trying to fall pregnant and do drink this pills will this effect me if it''s in the period since ovulating until I found out I''m pregnant (when I''m suppose to have my montly period again) I''m try very hard not to use anything especially in this period, but sometimes it''s just to painfull. Even with this migraine that I get just before my period.

Please could you give me advice.

B

The Pill sometimes helps for menstrual migraines, but this will obviously not be possible in your case as you are trying to fall pregnant. Try to avoid medications other than Panado for the week before your period is due.

1