Question
Posted by: Ruline | 2011/04/04

Migraine

What can you do if you have migraine during pregnancy?

Unfortunately you cannot use migraine medications in pregnancy. You can use Panado and try to avoid triggers.

3

Posted by: gogga | 2011/04/05

I also suffer form cronic headaches and hegraines - my doctor prescribed mypaid for me - i am now 18 weeks pregnant.

Reply to gogga
Posted by: Rosemary | 2011/04/05

Hi Ruline, I''m 16 weeks pregnant and had my first migraine at 7 weeks, from weeks 12 - 15 I''ve had several migraines and loads of headaches. Panado''s really don''t do the trick but I''ve read in Sister Lilian''s Pregnancy and Birth book that tissue salts, MAG PHOS, helps for migraines and headaches. I took it and it helped for me. One really doesn''t want to drink anything but really, if you have a migraine it''s really terrible. So drinking the Mag Phos is a safe option for me and it really helped me in my situation. If it really gets bad your gynae can prescribe something for the pain but usually not before 12 weeks. Good luck!

Reply to Rosemary