Posted by: 40' ish | 2009-07-28

Midlife ? Depro ?

I' m just not geeling all to well lately.

I' m happy in my life, my child is doing ok, my relaitonship is doing well, I have an easy, manageble job that pay' s well, I do not have debt, at the end of the month I don' t worry about when payday is as I have money left.

But I' m tired. I don' t want to work anymore. I want to bake cookies, water the garden, sit in the sun, sleep late, read a book, watch soapies.

I struggle out of bed every morning pushing the snooze button over and over - i am late for work most day' s but my boss loves me so much and he stresses when Im not at work as he believes he cannot cope without me, that he won' t give me shit. I leave work at 3.45 in stead of 4pm.

I thing of things I just have to do or doctors i have to go to so that i can not be at work rather go for a breakfast with a friend and then go to work at 10.

I yawn so much on my drive home I think when I get home im going straight to bed. Yet when I get there im ok and I do the normal things and go to bed at about 9.30.

Is this a thing at this age or am i deppressed?

I take lexamil 20mg x 1 a day.

thanking you as always

I'm not geeling too well, either ! ; )
Hard to tell what's going on, and an exploration in more depth with a counsellor for a few sessions could be usefu. What you have is enviable compared to what many of us have to endure. I'd enjoy sitting in the sun, reading and conversing with the cazt, too. But if I did so, I couldn't afford the cookies. Sounds like you're fortunate your boss believes he needs you, as you are in a way abusing his kindness in seeking excuses to be away from work. And yet this isn't meeting your felt need to become a lotus eater, either.
Why are you taking lexamil ? Presumably you HAVE been depressed in the past, leading to this prescription ? Then you know what Depression feels like, and this doesn't sound like that. I'm reluctant to say it's simply due to your age --- would that mean to simply wait a year of two and hope this passes ? Rather see a realisic, CBT stype counsellor to explore this more effectively, and rediscover your interest in work and ordinary life.