Posted by: anon | 2010-02-12

midlife crisis

A functunal happy marriage suddenly goes topsy turvey with the husband having a fling and the signs all pointing to a midlife crisis. Does the divorce court ever order the couple into marriage guidence prior to granting a divorce ? I know that this is a passing thing and am sure reconcilliation is possible.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

This is a great question!
But why go through the court to initiate marriage guidance? This is a common mistake a lot of people do when there is some trouble in their relationship. They go the legal route, but this is not a legal matter. It's an emotional matter. You are very right to follow your instinct if you see a possible reconciliation but take the responsibility to address it with your husband and seek relationship guidance of your own initiative. A judge won't know better what is best for you. You do. If your husband is opposing it than the problem is possibly deeper than it seems to be and a court ordered relationship guidance won't resolve your issue. Relationship guidance is efficient if both parties are willing to participate.

You are welcome to contact me directly for further inquiry on relationship guidance.