Question
Posted by: ANON | 2009/10/27

MIDLIFE CRISIS

I believe my husband is going through midlife crisis, i see the ffg. Unhappiness with life and the lifestyle that may have been in for many years. Boredom with people and things that may have been of interest to you before. Feeling a need for adventure and change. Questioning the choices, you have made in your life and the validity of decisions you made years before. Confusion about who you are and where you are going.
Anger at your spouse and feeling tied down.
Unable to make decisions about where you want to go with your life. Doubt that you ever loved your spouse and resentment over the marriage. A desire for a new and passionate, intimate relationship. Request for a quick divorce.
Is there anything that I could do to reverse the situation?

One thing's for sure - divorce is never a cure for mid-life-crisis. If he has a range of personal problems and dissatisfactions, he needs to see a personal counsellor or therapist to work through them. Without that, even if he divorced you, he'd only move on the similar problems in any following relationship.
But he would have to do it - you couldn't do it for him. The most you could do is gently suggest counselling to explore and try to solve whatever's bothering him, would be well worthwhile

1