Question
Posted by: jinx 3 | 2009-01-16

MIDLIFE CRISIS

Morning! Sometime ago I asked advice about my husband. Briefly lost all his businesses, and now he said that he is not in love with me anymore but he loves me and I am the one. He is seeing a shrink etc, but I think that he is going through midlife crisis. He is definitely not having an affair, he had an affair with his business etc. Is it possible that a midlife crisis can make you throw away everything? According to my husband, I am a fantastic woman, wife etc ...... So how come???? What did I do wrong?

Well, the only person with a good change of knowing what's going on isn the shrink --- its good that your husband has had the sense to see one. Labels are less important than understanding. Doesn't sound as though you did anything wrong, and this crisis or whatever it is probably arose largely or entirely within your husband. Maybe explore gently with him whether he might consider enabling you to have a session with his shrink to better understand where you fit in with the problems and the solutions