Question
Posted by: Flower | 2011-11-07

Middle ground

How can my husband and myself get a middle ground? He is an extrovert –  likes to party every weekend and I am an introvert –  I am social but not every weekend.
We are both in our early 40’ s.

It causes a lot of friction in our marriage as you can imagine. I stay home on many weekends when he goes out drinking with his friends.

Another problem I think is that we don’ t have common friends. I get along with his friends, but they are not my friends as such and vica versa.

Please would you give me advise as this is actually becoming a desperate situation?

Thank you.

Its really no about extroversion but immaturity if a grown man feels he must devote his time to partying --- and in his 40's, that's pathetically immature. When does he plan on growing up and behaving like a Big Boy ? If you were so incompatible, how did the pair of you come to get married ? Marriage counselling might be able to help

1
Posted by: Honest Truth | 2011-11-07

Yet again an example of a couple who marry without really considering the realities.
Dating is the time you should have picked up the differences in your social lives.
As you do not mention kids and may well live another 40 years maybe divorce is an option?

Reply to Honest Truth