Posted by: Cindy hartzenberg | 2009-11-30

middle ear infection

My 8 year old daughter suffers from middle ear infection mostly when she swims,and whwn the seasons change,what I use to prevent this from happening,she experiences alot of pain during the night,as she says that her ear pops.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Cindy
Your daughter needs an examination of the ear by your GP to establish the possible causes of this problem. One needs to eshtablish the status of her earcanal and eardrum before one can make any suggestions. Depending on what your GP finds, he/she may need to refer you for an ENT opinion regarding future treatment. Possibilities range from eardrum problems to recurrent causes of external ear infections. the management is different in each case.