Question
Posted by: Annon | 2012/08/02

Mid-Life Crisis

I am still trying to make sense of my hubby’ s behaviour over a year and half years ago. He had an affair, which we are still suffering the consequences off and he cannot explain what his problem was. He became cold, angry and emotionally abusive, did he suffer from a mid-life crisis. All he can say is he does not know what got to him. He is only 36 years old.

Very few people can "explain" and give clear reasons for things they do, so it can be really unrealistic to expect coherent "explanations" in such situations. In individual psychotherapy he could explore and work out some of his motivations ; in couples / marriage counselling, the pair of you could achieve some usefully better understanding.

3

Posted by: Lady bug | 2012/08/02

Nope, too young for a mid-life crisis.

Reply to Lady bug
Posted by: Karen | 2012/08/02

36 is a bit young to have a " mid-life crisis"  don''t u think? His conscience may be getting the better of him or he cannot deal with his feelings of guilt so he lashes at you as though the affair was your fault. I think couples counselling may help. Good luck.

Reply to Karen