Question
Posted by: Me | 2008/10/20

Mid life crisis

I have been married for 23 yrs to the same guy. We have been together for a very long time. I was 15 and he was 20.
We have 2 adult kids.... i have been talking to this guy on the skype now for 7 months we totally in love with each other, the problem he lives in Australia. He is really a great guy...we talk alot laugh etc..... My husband and i dont have the same relationship. My husband cheated on me quite a few times with in our marriage and has also been online with other women etc. i am at a stage in my life i' ve had enough...i feel like my work is done...my daughter going to London for a year next year and my son moving in with his girlfriend.... the guy in australia want me to come and live with him.... but i am scared.... dont know what to do. I love my husband but i am in love with the other guy!
I really feel like it is the end of this episode for me.... i have completed my work..... am i in a midlife crisis..... i am 40 yrs

All advise welcome!

Come on --- you know nothing certain about the guy in Australia except what he has chosen to say to you. By this artificial way of communicating, you can enjoy only the best and easiest aspects of a sort of relationship, nothing genuine or challenging. And you are being unfaithful to your husband and marriage. That he cheated on you in no way justifies you doing the same thing. See a marriage counsellor together, urgently. If you can't work things out together, separate and divorce, and look for honest new relationships --- with real people, not cyber-people.

3
Posted by: Been there | 2008/10/21

I have been there, done that and it did not work out. So what I am telling you is be very careful of being in love with the guy in OZ. I was in an unhappy marriage and found the most wonderful guy in England. After we both got divorced we had a long distance relationship for 2 years. I was so in love with him!! Once my children had moved out my great guy came to live here. We had to get married so that he could stay here for good. My wonderful guy from England turned out to be abusive and our marriage was hell on earth. I divorced him after two years.

Looking back now I wish I had stayed with my first husband and worked harder at working out our problems, but the guy from England got in the way. Now I live all alone and I have lost all trust in men. I have only myself to blame for making the wrong deceision.

Please think long and hard before you leave your husband. Better the devil you know. Meeting someone over the net is never true love.

Reply to Been there
Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/10/20

Why can only some people have all the fun? What you sow you would reap and you had your share, so do what ever would make you happy seeing he sort of deserve what ever comes his way!

Posted by: wow | 2008/10/20

wow...you did well, considering he cheated on you so many times. I think you deserve to treat yourself for once, and do what makes you happy. Like you said, your children have grown their wings, and are now independant. Your job is done. Now it' s time for YOU!

If your hubby is still cheating on you, I' d say go for the Aussie guy. Although I hate the aussie accent! lol

Reply to wow