Question
Posted by: susan | 2012-09-10

Mid cycle bleed from antibiotics + how does it affect trying to conceive etc

i hope someone can offer some advice. I have a usual 26 day cycle. My last cycle began on 11th August and was due my period 6 Sep. this is where my confusion sets in: on the 20th august i had an injection for a bad ear infection which caused me some spotting/light bleeding on the 22nd/23rd/24th August (ovulation being due around 23rd August).

My doctor said it doesn''t count as a period and that i should still have a period, although it could be a bit delayed.

it is now the 10th september (day 5 late for period) and still nothing has arrived and pregnancy tests are negative. I have just got married on 1st September and we are due to go away on honeymoon 24th september so i am trying to work out where i am in my cycle so i can be prepared for my honeymoon  -)

so does this spotting/bleed count as a period which would then mean i am due for my next period around the 17th Sep? and how is this cycle affected with ovulation for trying to conceive. Was i then ovulating around the 3rd Septmber or am i simply just late on what should have been my original cycle...

SO MUCH OF CONFUSION :-(

The spotting does not count as your period. Unfortunately there isn't really a way of working out when your next period will be as your cycle is obviously a bit upset at present. You should forget about ovulation in this cycle and wait till your next period comes and count from there.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-09-17