Posted by: ln | 2009-01-29

Microval &  irregular periods

I have 7 month old baby and my gyn prescibed Microval after birth. I am having my periods every second week and they last up to 6-7days. Is there an alternative pill that I can use?

If you are not breastfeeding, you can use the combined Pill.

I just gave birth and started using Microval am still bleeding at week 5 is it normal

Posted by: mary | 2009-02-12

I am breastfeeding my baby is now 7 months, my gyn prescibed Microval, I am having my periods twice every 3 months,,,, also i don`t trust the pill,,, i`m so scare to fel pregnante, i can not live in worry every month and also i pick up a weight, and i have e headach,,,please help

Reply to mary
Posted by: ln | 2009-01-29

Thanks Jenine. I am breastfeeding. I will have to switch when I stop breastfeeding.

Reply to ln
Posted by: Jenine | 2009-01-29

We are in the same boat! My baby is 5 months old and gynae also prescribed Microval. This is also known as the " mini pil"  as it is safe to drink while you are breast feeding. Normal contraceptives dry out your milk. As soon as I stop breastfeeding I am going to start using Yasmin, I used this before my pregnancy.
Are you breastfeeding? If not why don' t you switch to another contraceptive?

Reply to Jenine