Posted by: Julian | 2009-07-28

Microval after 2 months and no Ovulation

Our baby is 4 months old. Before my wife went onto the Microval she ovulated. She started using Microval because of breastfeeding. She started now with her 3rd month on it and still there is no period to be seen. Since baby was born we were only intemed twice. Can this be normal and should we be worried that she might be pregnant again?

It is normal not to have periods while breastfeeding and on Microval. As Microval is not as safe as the combined pill, pregnancy is possible.

Posted by: Tammy | 2009-09-17

I was on the 3 month injection (depo provera) for 7 years and stopped in 4 months ago as i recently got married and trying to conceive but no periods yet. Was told to start microval as it would bring on a period, is this true?

Reply to Tammy
Posted by: F | 2009-07-31

I also was on microval after giving birth to my son and did not get a period for the 3 months i was on it, so i assume it is normal. i do hope though that you used a condom cause microval is a very mild contraceptive and my gynae advised that we use other protection as well.

Reply to F