Question
Posted by: Kim | 2009/10/19

Microval

Hi Doc.

My friend today told me that she was given microval contraceptives. However I did a bit of research on it, microval is a mini pill/contraceptives. Does it work in the same manner as every other oral contraceptive? Other contraceptives will always have the " menstrual pill"  section. But microval does not. What are the difference and should she be taking an additional oral pill? This was given to at her local clinic...

Kind Regards: Kim

Microval is less effective than the combined pill and it does not have a placebo section. It is usually given to women who are breastfeeding or cannot take the Pill for medical reasons.

3