Question
Posted by: Jenine | 2008/10/14

Microval

I gave birth 8 weeks ago and I' m breastfeeding. The gynae prescribed Microval as a contraceptive because it' s safe to use while breastfeeding. Am I supposed to start taking the pill on the first day of my period? Or can I just start taking it?
I' ve heard that while I' m breastfeeding I won' t get my period.

Please advise!

You just start taking it.

10
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/26

Hi we've been trying to get pregnant for while and the doctor suggested that we use microval for a month then stop, so question is what are the chances of getting pregnant after stopping the pill

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/26

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/29

Wen I went to de doctor to get n injection my boy was six weeks,de dr refused en gave me microvals,aftr a week of taking de mini pill my periods appeared,were back to get my depo injection frm since I haven't stopped seeing my peeiods en its affectin my sex life,my fiance

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/29

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/21

Is it safe to use microval when I take diet pills?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/12/04

Yoh ladies im not so 100% sure is this pill gonna work for me i just removed my implanon this morning and im worried if i have unprotective sex ill be pregant again and my fiance hate condoms

Posted by: SDMe | 2015/11/18

I started microval a week ago and just got my period,do I continue or start a new batch

Reply to SDMe
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/10/20

My baby is 7months old, I think microval makes me gain weight..... i dnt know coz i don't eat much.

Posted by: Jenine | 2008/10/14

Thanx Lin, but it sounds like Microval is not very effective?
I read the little paper inside and it said to start the pill on the first day of my period - but since I won' t get my period while I' m breastfeeding can I just start taking the pill say today or tomorrow?

Reply to Jenine
Posted by: Lin | 2008/10/14

You will definately not get a period. My boy was born 7 mths ago and I am breastfeed, and have not yet had a period.

With the Microval I was advised to take it at exactly the same time every night as the effects stay in your body for up 6 or 7 hours. It has to be taken the same time for maximum effectiveness. The best time to take it is at night as that is when most people are sexually active.

Even though I use Microval I still use condoms. To be on the safe side maybe you should do the same.

Take care.

Reply to Lin