Question
Posted by: Susie | 2008/10/06

Microval

Hi doc
I had the pregnancy test done and it came back negative.What else can be wrong?

Hallo Susie
Are you breastfeeding? Breastfeeding can suppress menstruation. Micdroval is a progesterone only pill and can cause amenorrhoea ( stopping of menstruation) in itself.
If you are really worried and want to be 100% sure that you are not pregnant, you could ask your GP to examine you to feel if your uterus seems enlarged and one can do a sonar to look if the uterus has any signs of a pregnancy inside!

2
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2008/10/07

Dear Susie
No keep on using it - it is unlikely that you are pregnant if the test is negative
dr Bets

Reply to Dr Bets
Posted by: Susie | 2008/10/07

Yes i am Breastfeeding. I will get the check up to make 100 % sure.Do I stop using the Microval in the meantime?

Reply to Susie