Question
Posted by: ps | 2008/07/25

MIcroval

Hi Doc,

I am a victim of high blood pressure &  was given Nur-istrate since last month after the birth of my baby in January.Yesterday i went to de clinic for de second injection but the sister changed me to Microval pills because of my high blood pressure.I am not really comfortable with the pills bcos i know i will somehow 4get 2 take them.Isn' t there any other option besides the pills? &  how safe is the pills, I am still breastfeeding though.

Microval is not as safe as the combined Pill. It would be fine to continue Nuristerate. The other option is an IUCD.