Posted by: Please Help | 2009-03-18

Micromanaging manager

I have a boss who is a control freak, she controls every little thing and just drives me crazy.
She has reduced my tasks because I have a made a one mistake and now I dont get to do what I was initially hired for and now im losing interest in the system, she always sidelines me when it comes to important tasks, unfortunately I like the company im working for but the HR cant help me also they are covering for her. I just fell so depressed and I thought if I did everything she asks maybe things will be ok but she always find something that' s fault and worse she doesnt have qualifications to be manager.

Please advise on what steps to take.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Unfortunately a manager has a right to control every little thing. You can however raise a grievance and see if you can move from that department to another.