Posted by: Missy | 2009-06-28

I did micro-dermabrasion about 2 months ago and didnt see ANY difference and feel after R250 I wasted my money.The lady used a wand and went over my face (was like a suction) for about 5-8minutes.She did a facial with her exclusive products and I was done.Is the right process for micro-dermabrasion and why didnt I see any difference.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Missy, thank you for the question.

Microdermabrasion is a skin-freshening technique that helps repair facial skin that takes a beating from the sun and the effects of aging. The aesthetician uses a device like a fine sandblaster to spray tiny crystals across the face, mixing gentle abrasion with suction to remove the dead, outer layer of skin. As with other skin rejuvenation techniques, more than one treatment may be needed to reduce or remove fine wrinkles and unwanted pigmentation. The immediate results are a smoother feeling skin with increased hydration.