Question
Posted by: Laila | 2011/02/01

Methods of contraception

Methods of contraception

Can you please assist me with a query , I am 27 years old , in good health , but I cant seem to get the right contraceptive ,
I suffer from migraines when I use the 2 or 3 month injection and I bleed for days sum times I spot for the 2 weeks , then I tried the pill from the government clinic this makes my acne out of control , and then I used the Jasmine and this gives me hectic side effects like nausea , hot flushes , is there any thing I can use internally , and that can be done at government clinics , and is it painful to insert , and if I should pay for private gynea , what price range am I looking at ?

You could have an IUCD at a government clinic. A Mirena is also a possibility but you would probably have to go privately. It costs about R1000 plus the price of the consultation.

1