Question
Posted by: Mowzy | 2009/07/15

Metformin and diane 35

I' m currently on 2X 850mg metformin per day (for about 3 weeks now). I am not diabetic but am on it for weight loss. Due to the nausea etc I tend not to eat too much or get hungry. What are the dangers of doing this? Also I want to start taking Diane contraceptives. Can i take them together? Please advise.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Your symptoms - the extreme nausea for almost 3 weeks - may be a warning sign of lactic acidosis which has been seen in some patients taking metformin. I'd suggest speaking to your prescriber about this as soon as possible.