Question
Posted by: Mental illness | 2010/09/16

metal illness

I am 30 years old and have an anxiety disorder, at what age do 99% of mental illness show, so if I was going to get bi-polar or schizophrenia would I know about it by now?
I have had one appointment with a psychiatrist to discuss possible meds as the usual only heightens my physical symtoms.Also saw a normal psychologist for a while.

Interesting question. Each disorder varies as to when most instances show themselves. Something like Anorexia tends to show itself young and rarely arrives anew in someone over 30 ; dementia usually arrives when one is rather old.
Usually, and this is a rather broad generalization, by 30 schizophrenia and bipolar disorder would have begun to show themselves and a competent psychiatrist would have been able to identify them. But anxiety disorder itself often leads one into an exaggerated degree of worry about one's health, physical and mental, so that one may suffer from the worry about one's state of health, rather than from any other disorder at all

2
Posted by: tessa | 2010/09/19

go see a psychiatrist/psychologist in person

Reply to tessa