Posted by: Issie | 2008-11-09

I started to gym a month ago. I gym 3 to 4 times a week, and gain 1 kg!!!!! I still eat the same amount of food. I do 30 min exercise with light weights and 45 mins of cardio exercises per day. I also didn'  t lose any cm'  s. Am I doing something wrong?

Dear Issie
It is important to remember that exercise on its own will not cause you to lose a lot of weight. You need to actually combine aerobic or cardio exercises and an energy reduced diet to achieve weightloss. The weight you have gained could also be due to the fact that you are developing muscle tissue which ironically weighs more than fat tissue. The fact that you did not lose any cm's is strange and I would discuss this problem with your trainer at the gym - that is after all what they are there for. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a slimming diet and compare it to what you are eating at present. While you are on the ‘Weight loss’ site, read about reasons why people don't lose weight by surfing on this site.