Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2010/02/01

Metabolism Miracle Diet

The Metabolism Miracle Diet has been featured in the You magazine last week and is It is a low carb diet for persons that have Metabolism B - the chaotic way their body processes carbohydrates and in particular , the way the pancreas releases the hormone insulin, which is needed to balance sugar. For 8 weeks you need to cut out most carbohydrates from your diet to reset the metabolism to be healthy. Thereafter carbohydrates would be reintroduced. This diet has been formulated by Dianne Kress. Would Diet doc recommend this?

Dear Samantha
I have read about this Metabolism Miracle diet which is a combination of the Atkins diet for 8 weeks, followed by a low-GI diet for the rest of the treatment. I am not convinced that it is necessary to firstly use the detox Dianne Kress suggests (Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and search for the article "DETOX DIETS - DO THEY WORK OR ARE THEY HARMFUL?" which I wrote when the YOU/Huisgenoot published an article featuring fatalities of people who used detox diets! They seem to have forgotten that!) and I also believe that you can achieve the same results by using a low-GI, low-fat diet with a moderate protein content and doing regular exercise every day.

6
Posted by: olicia | 2013/10/08

hi any idea where i can find this diet

Reply to olicia
Posted by: Segomotso Phatudi | 2010/06/01

Where can i find this diet?

Reply to Segomotso Phatudi
Posted by: Cindy Moon | 2010/05/13

Ive seen the results, both my father and his friend have been on it, her for 8 weeks and him for 4. Shes already lost 20 kgs and he''s lost 12!

Reply to Cindy Moon
Posted by: Brenda | 2010/05/05

I bought Metabolism Miracle Diet the other day as the first thing that came to mind when reading the article in the Huisgenoot - that is ME she is talking about. All the symptoms pointed to me. I am yet to start Step 1 and must say that I am more excited about this diet than I have been the past 2 years. I hope it works.

Reply to Brenda
Posted by: F | 2010/02/02

I' ve read the article about the " Metabolism Miracle"  diet in Huisgenoot, and I must say I don' t think the idea here is the same as the traditional " detox"  that DietDoc is referring to. The Metabolish Miracle is about retraining the liver and pancreas to react normally to carbohydrates in the diet - and according to the Diet' s creator, the only way to do this is to cut out all carbohydrates (except non-starchy vegetables) from the diet for 4 to 8 weeks. This is no different than for example the South Beach diet, where the cardiologist, Dr Agaston, advocates the same strict regime for a shorter period (2 weeks). I would not say that the initial 4 to 8 weeks are similar to the Atkins diet, which is very high in fat, and doesn' t even allow much vegetables. It is more similar to the much healthier South Beach diet, and even to the Annique Primitive Lifestyle programme. Detox diets on the other hand is used to supposedly help the body get rid of toxins (something that it does on a continuous basis in any case).

Reply to F

Dear Samantha