Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2010/01/27

Metabolism Miracle Diet

Has anybody tried this diet. Does it work?

Dear Samantha
I trust that other Readers will give you feedback on the Metabolism Miracle Diet. If you post a new question on this Message Board giving more details of the diet and what it entails, I will also give you my opinion. It is a tad difficult to keep up with all these new diets because at least 2 new diets or slimming products are launched every week!, but you can judge for yourself a) if the diet contains all the food groups b) if it is not too low in energy, c) If you have to take all kinds of diet pills and potions with the diet. If you need to cut out whole food groups (esp carbohydrates) or if the diet is very low in energy then it is not sensible and well balanced. Also keep in mind that very rapid weight loss will lead to rapid regain once you stop using an unbalanced diet.

6
Posted by: ANONYMOUS | 2010/04/17

I tried the metabolism miracle diet &  have been on it for 10 weeks. In the first 8 wks I cut out carbs to correct my metabolism. I have lost +- 5kg in 1st 8 wks. I lost a lot in cm. People I know are telling me daily how nice I look &  how much weight I''ve lost.I do incude carbs in my diet now &  am still losing !!! The diet is not rstrictive ''cause you can eat anything as long as you make sensible choices.

Reply to ANONYMOUS
Posted by: J | 2010/01/28

I don' t believe there' s anything miraculous about losing weight! weight loss is sensible, balanced, healthy eating adn exercise. pretty straight forward. " miracle diets"  are smoke screens for bad eating and short lived outcomes.

Give the balanced option a try and you' ll be happy for much much much longer with the results.

Reply to J
Posted by: kel | 2010/01/28

Hey Samantha,

the diet doc will only respond again to your second post if you repost on the forum wall. she doesn' t go back and re read any posts.

that said, I think it sounds dodgy. It cuts out all carbs even for a period of time? not good. you need carbs and as the diet doc will probably tell you if you repost, its not carbs that are fattening (to anyone!) its the volume of them you eat and the fat and mayo etc yo put on them.

but post again as she' ll be able to give you better direction.
all the best!

Reply to kel
Posted by: samantha | 2010/01/27

It is a low carb diet for persons that have Metabolism B - the chaotic way their body processes carbohydrates and in particular , the way the pancreas releases the hormone insulin, which is needed to balance sugar. For 8 weeks you need to cut out most carbohydrates from your diet to reset the metabolism to be healthy. Thereafter carbohydrates would be reintroduced to the diet. Would Diet doc recommend this diet?

Reply to samantha
Posted by: vettie | 2010/01/27

No, what is the metabolism miracle diet?

Reply to vettie

Dear Samantha