Question
Posted by: PK | 2009/07/21

Metabolism

Can it be that the candida virus slows down metabolism thus reason for overweight? What vitamins can I use to speed up my metabolism?

Dear PK
Candida, which is a fungus, does not slow down metabolism and also does not cause weight gain. It needs to be treated with the correct antifungal medication and probiotics, such as Acidoflora (Lactobacilli), which you can purchase at health shops or from dietitians. The best method of speeding up a sluggish metabolism is to do 30 or more minutes of aerobic exercise every day (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).