my baby is 2 years old and still breastfeeding, i want to know if i can start going on a diet now or is it not safe for my child , my metabolism is very slow and i' m not loosing any weight just gaining more.

Thanks for youre help

Dear Anonymous
You have done more than enough to breastfeed your baby for 2 whole years - this even exceeds the World Health Organisation's recommendation. You can certainly wean him/her completely now and start with a sensible energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). Also increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, brisk walking, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life), every day for 30 or more minutes.
Well done Mom!

I have tried to wean her when i started work when she was 1 years old but to no avail, she only breastfeeds when i come home ans during the night
Thanks for youre help