Posted by: mags | 2008-11-06

I would like to know -what do you have to do for your body to have a fast metabolism?Is there some secret that we dont know about.The movie stars all claim to have a fast metabolism but we all know that they are telling big porkies!!they binge and purge to get so thin anyway.So is it the food you eat that speeds up your metabolism of is it just in your genes.

Dear Mags
I am inclined to agree with you that supposed statements by movie stars about their metabolism are probably just hot air. The best, safest and most reliable method of increasing your metabolism is to do aerobic or cardio exercises which include skipping, running, jogging, swimming, cycling or spinning, rowing, etc (not working with weight although one can add some weight-bearing exercises to tighten muscles and firm the figure). International experts agree that individuals should do at least 30 -60 min of this type of exercise a day if you really want to stimulate your metabolism. Now I do think that some movie stars do a lot of exercise, so this may well be the answer.

Posted by: Issie | 2008-11-07

I started to gym a month ago. I gym 3 to 4 times a week, and gain 1 kg!!!!! I still eat the same amount of food. I do 30 min exercise with light weights and 45 mins of cardio exercises per day. I also didn' t lose any cm' s. Am I doing something wrong?

Reply to Issie