Question
Posted by: Bubbles | 2011-09-09

Messing in house/ BOXER

My 9 year old female boxer starts to defacate outside in the garden but then runs into the house before she is finished and ends up dropping half on the carpet??I took her to the vet and he did her anal glands and put her on an antibiotic,she was fine for a week or two but now has reverted to doing the same thing,When we are out walking she runs around in circles as she is defacating almost as if it is uncomfortable,she is not constipated and her stools are soft.
Could there be any other cause for this??

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Bubbles, it sounds to me like it may be a physical problem and the dog is uncomfortable, perhaps even sore. Why dont you ask Dr. Angus Campbell, the cyber vet, or even phone your onw vet and just check it out.
The only other thing you can really do is when she is outside to defacate, leave the door to the house shut until she is finished, or stay outside with her.
Do let me know how it goes, thanks Scotty

2
Posted by: Cheryl Barnard | 2011-09-30

Female 10yr minature doberman, she wees on newspaper provided. Will wee once or twice on it but then if she needs to wee more, then she wees on carpet and only my room. Why? Sometimes she does not even wee on newspaper but only on my carpet in my room. She will not wee in any other room that have carpets, only my room.

Reply to Cheryl Barnard
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011-09-11

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert