Question
Posted by: Sherry | 2009-08-25

messed up

For 18 years almost every year i have diagnosed with various illness.I just found out a week ago it is lupus.
I am so angry that nobody felt the need to run proper tests.I have suffered and at times i felt i am better of dead.I am not handling this well,I just want to lay in my bed and wait for God to take me.I am also pulling away from my family beacuse somewhere in my sick brain i feel it is the right thing to do.
Why is life so unfiar my kids are still small and all the doctors say is you will live for about 10 years.My baby will only be 18 it is not fair.I feel like i am in a hole.

Lupus is one of those really sneaky illnesses, that can give a number of symptoms, mimicking other problems, before it declares itself. So for a time it may not be clear just what the "proper" tests would be. However, don't give up now and give in to gloom and depression. Indeed, consider getting help for the depressive aspects of this, as depression can amplify the symptoms and problems of almost anything, and managing the depression ( or depressive reactions to any other illness ) can help to make the illness, any illness, respond better to treatment.
Life can be highly unfair at times, but we need to try not to respond to this in ways that are even more unfair to ourselves. And don't assume that you have only a specific number of years to live --- these things vary very much, and with treatment of the illness and your currently unhelpful reactions to it ( and a shrink can really help here ) the time-scale could be significantly longer.

1
Posted by: sherry | 2009-08-27

Thanks alot.
I am really trying to deal with it but i am failing

Reply to sherry