Question
Posted by: E | 2010-02-17

MESSAGE TO CYBERSHRINK - SPLIT PERSONALITIES / DISSOCIATIVE DISORDERS

Cybershrink

I have been going through your achives on any mention of people having questions on ' Split Personalities'  thats Dissosiative Disorders. And I am shocked and Appalled at your small minded take on the matter and your responsed to these poor afraid people.

Why do you not rather go do further research on this rather trying mental condition which is vastly misunderstood within the Psyc Profession.

You have told countless people that there is no such thing. Do you have 100% proof of this. Have you dones studies to prove yourself.

I can tell you Degree or no degree, that the condition most definitely does work. And unlike you I have proof. Schizephrenia has similar syptoms yes, but not the history of most DD sufferers. Each DD suffer has develope the disorder for very traumatic reasons, usually begining in early childhood.

Please instead of telling all these people, who totally trust your opinion, that there is no such thing, rather (a) do your homework (b) rather not respond (c) refer them to someone who is not as sceptical and is willing to look further into the matter.

YOU are causing more harm than good and these people as well as their families need support, not sceptism!

E,
a family member
a supporter
20 yrs experience with DD!

Perhaps you should take the trouble to read my major chapter in a major world textbook on DID / MPD, to understand that it is the fanatics who believe in, create and the industry that manufactures this articicial condition, that are extraordinarily small-mindled.
I have studied the matter in far greater detail than you ever could, have worked with and know some of the leading MPD / DID "experts" and their opponents, and have seen the great damage done by this bad diagnosis and its useless therapies.
"Split Personality" is a lay term originally applied to Schizophrenia, in error, and not used to describe MPD or DID. Schizophrenia is TOTALLY AND UTTERLY different from DID, and exists in all cultures, and irrespective of interaction with a therapist.
MPD / DID ONLY emerges in interaction between an unstable patient and a certain kind of gullible "therapist" tho creates the disorder in the image of what he/she expects.
And if you really read the literature on MPD / DID written by its fondest believers, you would see how incredibly ridiculous much of it is - people said to consist of dozens of hundreds of personalities, include a cloud, a dog, and a lady who collects thimbles.
When such people get into treatment with a "therapist" who believes in the disorder, they generally get worse, produce more "personalities" to the approval and fascination of their "therapist" and often need prolonged, very expensive and ineffective hospitalization and other treatment. THey may be saved when their medical aid or other finds run out, and the "therapy" stops, when they usually improve markedly.
The condition is not seen in many cultures and countries, but flourishes where there are sufficient deluided "therapists" hunting for it and creating it, and profiting from their "treatment" of it. Fortunately, the epidemic that occurred in the USA in the lasdt couple of decades, is fading ourt markedly, accompanied by successful court cases agains some of the most lurid "therapists", courts finally disbelieving in the guff they were told about it, and as it simply became unfashionable at last.
I have done more "homework " on the subject that you ever did, or could do.
It would be horribly unethical and irresponsible for me NOT to warn people to avoid any of the fanatics who market and create this disorder. I sincerely believe that the proper, competent scientific literature shows that if anyone has any of the so-called symptoms of this disorder, they are MUCH more likely to get better and recover if they go to any ordinary shrink who is ann unbeliever or sceptical about DID, and who will use scientifically validated methods to treat their real current symptoms, than going to a DID fanatic who will lock them into endless sessions of unproved and disproven "therapy" which will not benefit them.
Your own status is not revealed in your message ( if you wish to do so, post a feresh mesage, as I will not return to his one ).
If you are claiming that YOU personally, or a family member have been suffering from DID, then no wonder you have had 20 years of experience of not getting better. If you claim to be a "therapist" working with this condition, I would be curious to know your proper professional basic qualifications and training in this sort of diagnosis, what treatments you use, and what success rate you claim in doing so
Like most DID fanatics, you sound about as broadly well-read and scientific as a pint of strawberry yoghurt.

1