Question

Meryna contraception

I am looking into getting a meryna coil as contraception but iu have heard reports that it can lead to increased anxiety and that having metal in your body can lead to autoimmune problems if you are predisposed to this. What is the likelihood of these things happening and am I taking an unnecissary risk by getting one of these?

The main side effect with the Mirena is irregular spotting. Increased anxiety is certainly not a known problem. It does not contain metal like the copper IUCD, so this is also not a problem.