Question
Posted by: Taz | 2010/07/29

Merina

I had the Mirena inserted in Nov ''09 and had it removed a month ago due to side effects (weight gain, pimples, etc.) when it was removed I got a period for about 4 days. Im on day 32 of my cycle and I still have not got my next period that is now overdue. I have done 3 pregnancy tests and all are negative. Is this caused by the hormone change. Could this take a few weeks/months for my hormones to resume to normal again.

It could be due to hormone changes. Give it a month or two.

2
Posted by: Trac | 2010/08/05

I had my 3rd Mirena inserted in Feb2009. My first Mirena was fantastic, no side effects at all, no period for 5 years, brilliant. The second Mirena was fine but I did have light periods monthly and by year 4, I was having strange symptoms, depression, mood swings. I consulted with my gynae and we decided to put a new Mirena in because maybe it was at the end of its " life span" . Nightmare!! I spotted and cramped for months, the depression, mood swings, headaches, painful breasts, the anxiety, the paranoia, the exhaustion etc. went on for 18 months, I nearly lost my job. He put me on progesterone for 6 months which helped but the symptoms persisted when I stopped the progesterone. I had the Mirena removed, I had a D& C, the tests returned and he phoned to tell me I had a chronically inflammed uterus..... its been out for a month now, my period is back normal and I have no symptoms and I''m back to feeling better day by day.

Reply to Trac