Question
Posted by: Marlene | 2010/06/30

Merina

I am in the same boat as the lady who wrote the article, " my Merina Mistake" 
I still bleed for up to two weeks after having it inserted over a year ago, I had it checked by my gynae who has confirmed that it was been inserted correctly.
As it is an expensive device, and medical aide does not cover this cost, Can we not be re-imbursed or given a new one, as maybe it was a defect in the device? Please advise.

Unfortunately this is a side effect of the Mirena which some women have. It is unlikely that it is a defect.