Question
Posted by: Justine | 2010-02-02

Merina

Hi Doc.
I am having the merina inserted in theatre. Do i need to be menstruating when the gynae inserts the merina? I need to give the sister a date for the procedure but she said that i must be menstruating. I am embarrased as i wear sanitary pads and not tampons. Thank you for your advice.
Justine

You can have it done at the end of your period.

3
Posted by: MR | 2010-03-04

Lee, i agree...
was the most terrifiing worst pain i have ever experienced. mine was iinserted while menstruating without any anaesthetic. as soon as i left i had about 8 diffrent pain medication just to stop the pain. it only stoped cramping after 3 days. i have a discharge, nauses, fever, dizzyness, lower back pain, pain on my chest ( not breast ) high blood pressure and please dont forget the mood swings.. and im only 8 day into my so to be new life with a mirena!

Reply to MR
Posted by: lee | 2010-02-02

I had my Merina inserted 6weeks after birth and didnt have a period. i had it inserted without any pain medication or anaesthetic and trust me it was the worst pain i have ever experienced.

Reply to lee
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-02-02